The East African Community Secretariat has organized the EAC students essay writing competition year 2014. The Essay writing competition is intended to broaden knowledge of the school going population on EAC activities.
The topic for year 2014 in English is “How will the Free Movement of the people of East Africa Community Region affect their lives”
“Ni jinsi gani muingiliano wa wanachama wa Jumuiya ya Afrika Mashariki utakavyoathiri maisha yao ndani ya Jumuiya?
The competition is open to students in Form 1 to form 4 who are required to write essays between 1000 – 1500 words. The students are required to begin researching on the topic prior writing and submitting to their Heads of Schools by 30 June, 2014.
The Heads of Schools will then be expected to constitute a marking panel which will choose the best essay of the school. The panel should go through the essays (Please do not mark the essays) and choose one essay to be submitted to Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education and Vocational Training by July 15th 2014.
The following are the guidelines for essay competition
- The length of the essay should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words,
- The essay can be written in English, French or Kiswahili,
- The essay should be in their own hand writing
- Students information such as name, sex, class, school address, region Country and title of the essay should be written in the cover page,
- The essay should be written on white A4 lined/ruled papers (Similar to the draft pads),
- Written only on one side of the paper,
- The Head of Schools to certify that the essay is student’s own work.
You may inform your students to show the reference materials they have used in writing the essay
Thank you for your cooperation,
Paulina K. Mkonongo
For: PERMANENT SECRETARY